Gluten free?

After doing some research for Nick regarding gluten allergies and gluten intolerance, I started wondering if it was something I should be investigating for myself. While Nick does have an intolerance and so has been feeling a lot better since he eliminated gluten, I don't have a problem. But the books, articles and research I read all had some interesting points regarding gluten and wheat. It makes me question if I would see some recovery and racing benefits if I eliminated most of gluten products I eat. I also wonder if it would help with some of the weight loss goals I'm working on. Then Nick starts talking to other athletes and co-workers who have reduced or eliminated gluten for a variety of reasons. And they have all seen improvement in training, recovery, racing and general well-being. Others have notice more energy, better quality sleep and weight loss.

So will I try eliminating most if not all the gluten from my diet? I think so.Getting rid of the cookies, crackers and breads in the house in favor of other snacks that are healthier will be good. It will help with cooking for Nick at the very least. And if I see the same improvements that other have, even better. I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

Comments

  1. Hey Tracy,
    Give Rachel and I a call if you want, we have been Gluten free for over a year since Hannah was diagnosed with Celiac. We have also been eating Paleo for the last 8 months and I can really see a difference in my energy level, recovery, etc.. and I have lost about 10-15 pounds of fat. Good stuff indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A long way on foot - Sheep Mountain Endurance Run

Mortality

Regaining my mojo

Friends with the Monsters..