Back on the bike

After having a nice and relaxing recovery week last week, it's time to start working hard on the bike again. After finishing the workout on Wednesday, I think the next few weeks are really going to kick my rump. I know that the bike is my weakest event. I also know that my run is suffering because I'm working so hard on the bike. I just need to keep remembering that while I'm suffering on the computrainer at CTS. That's why I'm working with a coach now - so I can develop as a complete triathlete. Right now, that means bike focus.

I have to be honest, I was not expecting this block of training to be as intense as it will be. I'm not sure why - if I want to meet my goals, I need to expect both long hours and high intensity. That's the only way to develop the cycling power that I need for the Xterras. It's just a little shock to the system - I haven't ever really done any workouts of this intensity on the bike before. And going to CTS and riding inside really forces me to focus on just the workout - just the wattage and the intervals. It's odd - I'm really looking forward to the end of this training block, but dreading the middle weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A long way on foot - Sheep Mountain Endurance Run

Mortality

Regaining my mojo

Friends with the Monsters..