Getting excited...

For the first time in three years, I was not on the starting line in Lake Las Vegas for the Xterra West Championships. And while I missed seeing the rest of the Xterra Tribe, I did not miss the rest of it. The long trip out to Vegas. Being away from home for so long. Trying to be comfortable in a strange environment. The course at Vegas. I woke up Saturday, went for a run and went to work. Checked to race updates on Twitter, but that was it. (Congrats to Conrad and Renata for some fast racing in what sounded like tough conditions) I was home, with my husband and my kittens. Able to head out for some epic rides and chill out. It was so nice!

But that doesn't mean I'm not getting excited for my race season to start! Next Saturday, at Lake Pueblo State Park, the racing season kicks off with bang at the VooDoo Fire. My second ultra distance mountain bike race ever. And I am so looking forward to it. Thats why I know this change of focus will be what I need. I've got that pre race "lets get this started" feeling when I think about the race. It's going to be a challenge, three hard laps. Pacing, fueling and tactics all important for a successful race. It's more then just going all out for a few hours. How will I tolerate hours four, five and beyond? I'll find out Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A long way on foot - Sheep Mountain Endurance Run

Mortality

Regaining my mojo

Friends with the Monsters..