Snow!

We left Tucson just as the snow was moving in and got home to more snow! Yes, I was laughing when I saw the blizzard warnings for Mt Lemmon and higher elevations in Tucson. I did see some of the snow photos on Facebook after we got home and I wasn't laughing anymore. They got a lot of snow down there! Luckily - or so I thought - we'd missed it all. But when we got home, there were several inches on the ground and more in the forecast. Good thing I had another recovery week scheduled...

With winter storm warnings scrolling and not feeling like spending time in the garage just yet, Nick and I decided it was time for a hike. We loaded up the Osprey Packs with snowshoes and headed for the hills. Nick's idea of hiking is more like bushwacking, so nearly four hours later, we finally found ourselves back at the car. A good way to spend a snowy, cold day. Lots of pictures....

The snow was deep up in the mountains!

I'd be stopping to put those snowshoes on pretty quick!

Knee deep snow! Not gonna be riding outside anytime soon...


Gold Camp Road on two feet - a different view!
Blowing and snowing - winter is here at last.

A tunnel of trees somewhere in the woods...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A long way on foot - Sheep Mountain Endurance Run

Mortality

Regaining my mojo

Friends with the Monsters..