Gluten Free Biscuits

I've been doing plenty of baking with the gluten free flours since we figured out Nick's issues. I still working on going through the cookbook and trying all the recipes I have, but I figured I'd share this one. It's a really simple recipe, doesn't take that long to make and the biscuits are versatile. Nick likes them with eggs; I like slicing some berries and having them with berries and yogurt. I think you could even use them for dinner if you wanted!

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine:
*2 cup gluten free flour
*1/2 tsp xanthan gum
*2 tsp baking powder
*1/4 tsp baking soda
*1/4 cup sugar
*1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)

Cut in:
*3 tbsp butter or shortening
if you don't have the tool to cut in the butter, you can use two forks

Add:
*1 egg
*3/4 cup milk
mix until blended, batter will be slightly lumpy

Drop onto greased baking sheet - makes six biscuits.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from baking sheet. For best taste, serve warm.

I'll be posting more recipes through out the year. Give them a try, let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A long way on foot - Sheep Mountain Endurance Run

Mortality

Regaining my mojo

Friends with the Monsters..