Getting Antsy

This is the hard part, waiting. I was orginally going to head down to the park today for a last easy ride, but with all the events going on, I decided to stay home. There was a road triathlon, kids triathlons, and the Xterra trail runs. With all that, the traffic and cogestion around the park was going to be a crazy place. That meant my plan for the day was to chill out, enjoy the air conditioning at the Scott's house and make sure I stayed hydrated. I started the day watching an interesting program on the history channel about the states - learned a few interesting tidbits about the different states. After that, I found the "Back to the Future" movies. Classic entertainment! It's been years since I've seen the movies - I'd fogotten how silly they were! Just think - in less then five years, we'll have flying cars and everyone will be dressing in tight, neon clothes, with TVs in place of servers at the diners. (Wait - we're triathletes - we do dress in tight, neon clothes!!) It was a good way to spend the day.

Seriously, I really don't like these off days all that much. Before a long distance race it's one thing - I tend to spend most of the day napping. But the shorter, faster races are a different story. I get a little more antsy - energy that should be channeled into the race. There's so many things to thing about - the speed through the transitions, the lines for the technical sections, and being able to run off the bike. In reality, I need to stop thinking about that stuff and just get out there and have a good time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A long way on foot - Sheep Mountain Endurance Run

Mortality

Regaining my mojo

Friends with the Monsters..