Drilling it!

I have always disliked doing swimming drills. I'd much rather just get in the water and swim. But after a few inconsistant days in the pool, I realized that it is important to do the drills. Trying to change my stroke is hard enough without making the effort to do the drills. If I just go to masters and swim I will always struggle to get faster. I have had some really good days after a drill session. So I will add in a day of drills, where the sole purpose of the swim is to work on the stroke. Get the lenght in the stroke and the high elbow pull. If I do the work now then it will seem easy and natural come April. And that is when I need to be fast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A long way on foot - Sheep Mountain Endurance Run

Mortality

Regaining my mojo

Friends with the Monsters..