Falcon 100 KM

Well, after the Fat Tire 40 in June, I figured that I would take advantage of a local marathon mountain bike - the Falcon 100km. It's 5 laps of the Falcon trail at the Air Force Academy. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now... Not so sure about that! It's going to be a long day on the bike, with no garuntee that I'll even get all five laps done. The race starts at 9:30 - which seems awfully late for a race of that length - and racers will not be able to start another lap after 3:30. It shouldn't be an issue based on the times I've ridden in training, but it's still cutting it pretty close. There will be a lot of athletes who might not get all five laps done. Oh well, not my race. I'm just showing up and riding my bike!

I feel so unprepared for the race. I haven't really done any long rides - at least nothing over three hours. I also haven't planned out eating and drinking at all. I have no clue what I'm going to eat when and what camelbak I'm going to use. I have been eating a little more over the last few days, so maybe I've done enough carbo loading for a race of that length. If not, I'll bring food with me and just take a chill pill if I need to eat. Only a day to go - then it's race time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A long way on foot - Sheep Mountain Endurance Run

Mortality

Regaining my mojo

Friends with the Monsters..