Long run inside

The weather has been bad this week, making planning workouts difficult. I originally wanted to do 18 miles, increasing the pace each six. Because of the chances of snow and since I had to go into work for a few hours on Saturday, I planned to do the run then and ride on Sunday. Well, woke up to 45mph wind gusts, temperatures in the mid 20s and clouds spitting snow. So I packed my bag and headed to 24 hour fitness with the goal to complete the planned workout.
I haven't been running inside as much this year as the last few years so I knew that I might not get the full distance in. If you're not used to the heat and the stuffiness of the gym it's really hard to want to run for two plus hours. I actually was surprised. I started feeling really overheated about 12 miles in and decided I was finished at 15 miles. Even slowing down wasn't working to cool off. My hair was soaked and my tank top was dripping. So I called it a day. Not as far as I wanted, but it was good heat training and a solid run.

I wore a pair of tri shorts for the run because I've had some serious issues with chafing in the past. I think that the tri shorts might be a little hotter then regular shorts because of the amount of fabric on the legs, but even with the length of the run and the amount I was sweating, I didn't have any chafing issues. That was a relief. It also worked really well to rub some Beljum Budder into the seams of the shorts. I've used it in the past for my long rides, but this was the first time I used it for a long run. Hopefully, the clothing experiment during this run will elimate the chafing during other long runs and marathons. Won't do anything about the tan lines on my legs though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A long way on foot - Sheep Mountain Endurance Run

Mortality

Regaining my mojo

Friends with the Monsters..