Peachy cinnamon muffins

Just in time for peach season to be almost over, I finally got around to making some peach muffins. Light and airy, with plenty of peach flavor and a yummy cinnamon sugar crumb style topping. I also made a few with a dollop of raspberry jam in the center - really delicious when the muffins are warm from the oven

Preheat oven to 375 and grease muffin pans. Round muffin tins will work, but I always use small loaf style pans when I make muffins. The small loaf shape fits better in jersey pockets for riding :)

Mix:
2 cups flour - I used Bobs Redmill gluten free blend. You can also mix in other kinds of flours like quinoa
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon (I might have used more)
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cardamom

In separate bowl, mix:
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk

Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix until just blended.
Fold in 1 cup peaches. I used fresh, you can also use defrosted frozen or unsweetened canned

Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Or fill tins 1/3 full, then place 1 tsp jam in center and fill tins rest of the way.

Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar with 1 tbsp cinnamon and mix well. Sprinkle over tips of muffins.

Cook for 20 min or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes about 16 muffin bars.

Comments

Popular Posts