Xterra USA intial report

Ufdah! Fast, lots of climbing and fast descents, and too few rocks on the bike - that's my initial impression from the Xterra USA National Championships in Ogden/Snowbasin today. It was was a perfect day for racing, with clear weather outside of the media storm. Melanie M rode away for the win (and I think the win in the America Tour Series as well). Lesley P placed second, with Danielle Kabush in third. Kelly Cullen finished 4th and won the American Championship ahead of Emma G. I finished 13th pro, 17th overall - there were plenty of speedy women out there today!

The new bike course added plenty of climbing and some great views - but I was suffering too much to enjoy! I had a great run, reeling in three women who had passed me on the bike. It wasn't quite enough though - still need to spend some quality time on my bike over the winter.
Heading for the finish along Snowbasin's fun single track
Photo - Nick Thelen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A long way on foot - Sheep Mountain Endurance Run

Mortality

Regaining my mojo

Friends with the Monsters..