Eye Updates

Well, mixed news on the eyeball front. The bleeding inside the eye has resolved and my vision is clear again - clear but not focused due to the effects of the atropine drops. The pupil is still dilated, so it's really not focused and the bright lights are rather annoying. That's the good news. The bad news is that I still have to avoid jarring activities for another two weeks or so. Any running is out till almost the end of the month, meaning a complete shake up of my race schedule. I can start riding outside as long as it's easy trails - nothing crazy like Templeton Trail! More like Jacks, High Drive and such. The techy, rocky trails will come later - next week some time. But it's a start - and hopefully if I behave, it will be the end of this.

Now that the eye doctor was able to see into my eye, he was pretty confident that it was just a blood vessel bursting initially and then re-opening when I started running again. He did say that the iris in my left eye was a little wobbly - more then you would normally see in someone my age. That means it might be more then a blood vessel issues - but I will deal with that if it happens. As for now, I've got some ways to manage the vision deficits if it happens again with the same presentation. Fuzzy vision with loss of clarity but good light perception and complete visual field? That's fine - I can manage that and don't need to panic. A different presentation or an increase in pain or loss of visual field? Then I need to be worried. Hopefully, it won't come to that.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A long way on foot - Sheep Mountain Endurance Run

Mortality

Regaining my mojo

Friends with the Monsters..