Peachy cinnamon muffins

Just in time for peach season to be almost over, I finally got around to making some peach muffins. Light and airy, with plenty of peach flavor and a yummy cinnamon sugar crumb style topping. I also made a few with a dollop of raspberry jam in the center - really delicious when the muffins are warm from the oven

Preheat oven to 375 and grease muffin pans. Round muffin tins will work, but I always use small loaf style pans when I make muffins. The small loaf shape fits better in jersey pockets for riding :)

Mix:
2 cups flour - I used Bobs Redmill gluten free blend. You can also mix in other kinds of flours like quinoa
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon (I might have used more)
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cardamom

In separate bowl, mix:
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk

Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix until just blended.
Fold in 1 cup peaches. I used fresh, you can also use defrosted frozen or unsweetened canned

Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Or fill tins 1/3 full, then place 1 tsp jam in center and fill tins rest of the way.

Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar with 1 tbsp cinnamon and mix well. Sprinkle over tips of muffins.

Cook for 20 min or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes about 16 muffin bars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A long way on foot - Sheep Mountain Endurance Run

Mortality

Regaining my mojo

Friends with the Monsters..